The following are tutorials intended to support the content knowledge of teachers. They can be used either by an individual, or as the basis for a staff meeting.
- Fractions: A PowerPoint presentation and teaching scenarios relating to fractions.
- Basic Facts (727KB): A PowerPoint presentation and teaching resource around Basic Facts.
- Multiplicative Thinking 1 (1.1MB): The first in a series of three PowerPoint presentations on multiplicative thinking.
- Multiplicative Thinking 2 (477KB): The second in a series of three PowerPoint presentations on multiplicative thinking.
- The Basics of Ratio (50KB): A PowerPoint presentation introducing ratio and how it relates to fractions.
- Breakfast in Sydney (57KB): A PowerPoint presentation using exchange rates as a context to explore proportional problems.
- Multiplication (58KB): A PowerPoint presentation on ideas around multiplication.
- Fraction Personalities (626KB): A PowerPoint presentation about the three different ways fractions can be used: as a number, as an operator, and as a relationship between quantities.
- Mathematical Tasks: This tutorial examines the forms of mathematical tasks used by teachers to support their students in learning mathematics.
- Decimal Number System: This tutorial examines 4 mathematical ideas associated with the base-ten place value system.
- Ratios: This page describes the key ideas required to understand and teach ratios.
- Decimals, Fractions and Percentages: This tutorial examines the relationships between decimals, fractions and percentages.
- Written Recording: This tutorial describes the importance of written recording, and the types of recording likely to be used by students at different stages.